Dear Sporty Santa,
2015 has been a real meh year sports wise. Let’s see what we can do to make 2016 a little better.
First things first, I’m a St. Louis Cardinals fan. I’m upset that Jason Heyward didn’t want to be with the team anymore, opting for the younger Chicago Cubs.
After failing to get Heyward and pitcher David Price, I’m just pleased the team was able to find a guy in Mike Leake that wants to be with the team. It helps that he’ll be able to pitch a lot of innings and provide a decent bat. He is also looking forward to taking down the Cubs. Love that Santa.
So, we’re hearing that team could be looking to trade for one of the Colorado Rockies outfielders. Ok. Fine. Just make sure the person can also hit really well not a mile up! Charlie Blackmon, Carlos Gonzalez. Whomever. I look forward to seeing what happens.
And if that doesn’t pan out Santa … Yoenis Cespedes or Alex Gordon, please!
And thanks for your part in the Jedd Gyorko for Jon Jay trade. A nice backup infielder that has a bat. Plus? No more Jon Jay hate debate! Woo!
- A more consistent Memphis Grizzlies basketball team. Maybe add a little youth, too. That are frustrating this season. Stop it!
- A St. Louis Blues team that can make it well past the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
- More amazingness from Cam Newton, please. He has had an awesome 2015 season. MVP worthy. We get to see him rack up passing yards, rushing yards and TDs every week. And then we get a fashion show during the post game presser.
Look at this Santa!
Those shoes, Santa. I hope we get more Cam!
- And, if I could get a winning fantasy sports team … specifically football… that’d be awesome, Santa!
- As many gold medals as possible for Team USA in the 2016 Olympic games at Rio! USA USA USA!
- More soccer goodness. Men, Women, Man City, MLS… yeah!
Finally, the following can get a little sack of coal:
- Jason Heyward
- Greg Hardy of the Dallas Cowboys. Jerry Jones, too.
- Abhorrent fans
- The San Francisco Giants for paying Jeff Samardzija and Johnny Cueto those crazy contracts … and because it’s an even year.
- The Chicago Cubs.
Merry Christmas! May all your sports Christmas dreams come true!